Fr.Peter’s Podcast – Episode 38 now available
Old podcasts can be found under PUBLICATIONS/PODCASTS
St Columba’s and The Holy Souls Parish North Leichhardt is a welcoming and caring community. Though small in size and number we consider ourselves a strong community.
Our Mission is ‘Open to God, Reaching Out to Others’ and we try and live this out in the many opportunities to participate and strengthen our spiritual and pastoral lives as individuals and as a community of faith.
Our Church is co-located with our St Columba’s Primary School on the corner of Elswick and William Streets Leichhardt. We like many other schools and parishes were blessed to get a new hall which is used by the School, the Parish and community groups.
St Columba’s and The Holy Souls runs a successful parish based sacramental program. The parents involvement in the preparation of each sacrament of Reconciliation, Communion and Confirmation, proves to be an opportunity to walk together with their children on their spiritual journey and build the relationship between the Church and the School.
Our Parish has an active St Vincent de Paul Conference, a Craft Group for conversation and sharing and learning new skills, and a Youth Group for our young and teenage group. Opportunities for spiritual enrichment exist through participation as Eucharistic and Liturgical Ministers, being a member of our choir, the annual Lenten Program, or as a volunteer bringing the sacrament of Holy Communion to local nursing homes and a the sick in the parish.
We also celebrate our lives as a community through scheduling social occasions where we take time to celebrate, and to connect with each other as individuals and as a community of faith.
HOLY WEEK 2021
HOLY THURSDAY, 1st April – 7pm, in the Church
GOOD FRIDAY, 2nd April – 3pm, School Play Ground
SATURDAY VIGIL, 3rd April – 5pm, School Play Ground
EASTER SUNDAY, 4th April – 9am, School Play Ground
Holy Thursday: Entry to the Church, using QR CODE scanning as usual. We are capped at 50 in the church, with seating of one house hold per pew using only the pews that are labelled with a tick.
(If you have bells at home, please bring them in)
School Gates will be opened 30mins before Mass starts
Good Friday, Saturday Vigil and Easter Sunday: Will be held in the School Play Ground under a Marquee.
Chairs will be provided
Entry will be like Christmas, through the main school gates using QR Code scanning.
Easter Sunday and Vigil : (If you have bells at home, please bring them in)
Please have the Service NSW App down loaded on your phone, for easy QR code scanning.
If you do not have internet on your mobile phone, we can add your details manually.
Please keep in mind we are still following strict COVID 19 restrictions and must adhere to social distancing of 1.5meters from people that are not part of your household at all times.
ST COLUMBA’S MASSES—COVID-19 SAFE
* We will continue with QR scanning
* We have been able to increase the number of pews in the Church.
* Only one household per pew. Please ONLY sit in pews that are labelled, and we ask that you sit closest to the wall, for social distancing and also makes it easier to wipe down between Masses.
* If you do not have a mobile phone, please arrive 10/15 mins earlier, so Ushers can add you electronically.
* If we reach capacity you will not be able to enter the Church.
* PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND MASS If you or any member of your household are unwell or exhibiting common symptoms of COVID-19. (fever 37.5 ° or higher, cough, sore/scratchy throat, shortness of breath, loss of smell or loss of taste)
* FACE MASKS ARE NOT MANDATORY IN PLACES OF WORSHIP, HOWEVER, YOU ARE STILL WELCOME TO WEAR ONE
* PLEASE ADHERE TO SOCIAL DISTANCING REGULATIONS BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER MASS. PLEASE DO NOT MINGLE OUTSIDE THE CHURCH BEFORE OR AFTER MASS
Once you have checked in, please show our Ushers your check-in tick and don’t forget to check out when you leave. You’ll find more information here:
During this uncertain time, Clergy and faithful are encouraged to download the CovidSafe App and abide by the latest public health advisories.
PLEASE VISIT SYDNEY ARCHDIOCESE
For up to date regulations regarding COVID-19
Live Masses can be found on